Monday, July 17, 2006

God's Best Life for You

One of my favorite principles in the Bible is that a good man's steps are ordered by the Lord. As I look back on my life, I can see where God was orchestrating circumstances and my heart to lead me to the next step on my path.

I want God's best for my life. Ideally speaking, that is. Practically speaking, it sometimes takes a bit of coaxing from the Holy Spirit to put away the desires of the flesh.

Over the years it has gotten easier to discern the Holy Spirit speaking to me. And it has gotten easier to say no to the flesh.

Still, there are times I don't listen to the message He's sending me. I hear that little whisper telling me that I'm wasting my time or that I'm being selfish, and yet I keep doing what I'm doing or ignoring the needs of others.

Ultimately, I must decide in my spirit that God's way is the best way and then make a conscious effort to defeat the flesh.

If I'm not following God's leading every time I sense He's telling me something, I'm missing out on the best life I could have. Not a life of sportscars and big houses as some popular books would lead us to believe. I'm missing out on being the most effective person God has in mind for me to be for Him.

It's not always easy to know what God wants you to do. You read the books, search the Bible, and pray for certainty. Then when the answer comes, do you do it? Consider the blessings that will come when you submit to Him!

Can you imagine what your life would be like if you obeyed every leading of the Holy Spirit? What if every Christian experienced God's perfect will for their lives because of an unswerving commitment to obedience? What would the world look like?

God's best life for you is a life lived entirely for Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home